Senior Finance Business Partner – Nijmegen
We offer a newly created position in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of setting the future direction for Business Finance in DFDS. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and still respect for work life balance.
Trusted Business Partner with high business impact
As the right hand to the Managing Director of Nijmegen and as part of the Management team, you will display financial thinking and proactive focus on cross-functional work within your business. You will report to the Head of Business Finance.
- Drive business performance, continuous improvements, and standardization across the business with a holistic view on the whole region and other Cold Chain businesses;
- Own and provide financial information and expertise to inform and challenge the business strategy;
- Provide solutions to support business decisions, M&A activities, investment plans and forecasting process;
- Analysis and interpretation of financial information to produce forecasts of businesses, industries, and economic conditions;
- Accountable for timely and high-quality financial reporting, analysis, and metrics to key stakeholders;
- Driving one set of numbers across all financial reports;
- Coach the organization to increase financial awareness in their approach to business decisions;
- Display project management skills in various projects not only concerning finance
The Cold Chain business in DFDS have grown significant with the acquisition of the HSF group hence cross-border collaboration is key to build a strong business finance team to support the businesses
Travel activity in the job is estimated to 20 days a year. Location is Nijmegen.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a professional individual who can challenge the status quo at all levels of the organization. Experience from working within Logistic is a must.
- M.Sc in Finance or the like;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience within finance functions or consulting;
- Advanced Excel experience at super-user level;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills being able to work with both management and employees in a large organization;
- Self-starter with a high motivation level to take on new tasks and ensure timely and successful execution;
- Open and positive attitude;
- Outgoing, outspoken and a winning personality.
As the right candidate you first and foremost possess great business understanding. You have strong analytical and numerical abilities and on top a structured, reliable personality supporting you in planning, executing and prioritizing activities. You pay attention to detail as well keeping focus on the high level and acknowledge that follow-up is needed for success and strive to continuously improve performance. As a proactive self-starter, you have a good drive, “can run with a one-liner”, stay focused and prioritize in order to get the job done while keeping calm. Strong interpersonal- and communication skills enables you to build relations and challenge business in a positive and pragmatic and collaborative way.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please contact Head of Business Finance, Jeppe Vestrup Skivild at +45 31339427 for questions about the position. The position will be filled as soon as possible.
DFDS is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, and citizenship.