Our Logistics Division in Vlaardingen is looking for an:
At DFDS, people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenges and opportunity for personal development. We make sure that you know what difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
As Plannings Manager you are responsible for the daily operations of the Trailer route between the mainland and the Uk and the UK and the mainland. Together with the Customer Service and Your plannings team you ensure a smooth operation and deliver a top-quality service to the customer. In case of operational issues, you seek for solutionswhile keeping the customer in mind.
The main goal is to fill the fixed weekly trailers capacity. In case of under- or overcapacity, you engage with internal and external stakeholders to minimize or maximize the capacity.
You have strong analytical skills and strive for operational excellence and improved customer margins. You analyse the business to identify development areas and negotiate with both customers and Hauliers in case of a changing business environment.
You meet both customers and Hauliers on a regular base to discuss performance, pricesand development opportunities. Together with the reefer management team and yourUK colleagues you grow the business on the export and import side.
You have leadership experience and strong organizational skills. You communicate effectively with all layers in the company. You set clear goals and targets and share the vision of the company with your operational team.
- Manage, evaluate, and develop assigned employees (6-8 employees);
- Assist HR with recruiting, when necessary;
- Work with the local and UK management to plan and execute short and mid-term actions;
- Ensure realization of yearly and monthly budget;
- Participate in tenders and give ad-hoc prices;
- Participate in budgeting and reporting process;
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures;
- Review and negotiate yearly prices and terms & conditions with partners;
- Facilitate solving major claims and complaints;
- Be updated with the latest market development and competition;
- Visit customers together with DFDS sales;
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for DFDS.
Special skills required
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to communicate effectively with all types of internal and external customers;
- Self-starter who will drive and continuously improve the business;
- Financial skills (budget minded / “thinking with the wallet”);
- Excellent negotiations skills;
- Experience in logistics;
- Leadership experience and strong organizational skills;
- Comfortable in international business environment requiring multi-cultural acceptance.
You report to:
Operations Director Cold Chain Vlaardingen
What we offer?
An unique chance to be part of further expanding DFDS Logistics. We offer you an interesting workplace, working in a financially strong company with growth ambition and focus on social responsibility. You will get to work with many different professional groups and colleagues. Focus on personal development. Possibilities to grow and expand into different roles over time as the company is expanding.
Please apply by sending your cv and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the button.